1. Click the Backup Sets icon on the CloudBacko Pro main interface.
2. Create a new backup set by clicking the Add button.
3. In the Create Backup Set window, select Oracle Database Server Backup as the Backup set type. Configure the following settings:
Once all the fields are configured, click Next to proceed.
4. In the Backup Source menu, select the Oracle database(s) you would like to back up. Click Next to proceed.
5. A backup schedule for a backup job to run automatically at your specified time interval can be configured. The backup schedule is enabled by default.
There are two types of backup schedule:
To change the backup schedule settings of an existing schedule, double-click the schedule to be modified. Otherwise, click Next to proceed.
6. In the Destination window, select a backup mode then click the “+” button to add a backup storage destination.
In the New Storage Destination / Destination Pool window, select the destination storage. Then, click OK to confirm your selection.
If Local / Mapped Drive / Network Drive / Removable Drive is selected, you need to specify the path by clicking Change to select the path or you can manually enter it. Once a network address is entered, This share requires access credentials check box will be enabled. Check the box beside it if access credentials are required to connect to the destination storage then enter the User name and Password. Otherwise, leave it unchecked. Click Test to check the connection.
When the Test completed successfully message is shown, click OK to proceed.
7. In the Destination window, your selected storage destination will be shown. Click Next to proceed.
8. In the Encryption window, the Encrypt Backup Data option is enabled by default with an encryption key preset by the system.
There are 2 types of Encryption to choose from:
Click Next once done with the Encryption settings.
9. If the Encryption feature is enabled in the previous step, the following window will pop-up whichever encryption type is selected.
This pop-up window has three (3) options to choose from:
10. After completing all the configuration settings, the Oracle database server backup set will be created.
11. According to Best Practices and Recommendations, it is highly recommended to set the temporary directory to another location other than Drive C: (e.g., Drive E:). To do this, click the Backup Sets icon on the CloudBacko Pro main interface, then select a backup set. Click Show advanced settings link. Go to Others > Temporary Directory and click the Change button to browse for another location.
Tick the “Remove temporary files after backup” option.
12. Optional: Archived Log Deletion
The deletion of the archived logs is enabled by default and archived logs more than 60 days are deleted from the Oracle database instance. This process is done after every databases and archived log backup job.
For example, if the Oracle database instance generates a lot of archived log files, you may want to reduce the number of days before they are deleted.
13. Optional: Select your preferred Compression type. The compression type is set to Fast with optimization for local by default. To change the compression type, go to Others > Compressions.
Select from the following:
14. Click Save to apply the changes.