1. In the CloudBacko Pro main interface, click Backup Sets.
2. Create a VMware VM backup set by clicking the “+” icon next to Add new backup set.
Click Next to proceed when you have finished entering all necessary information.
7. In the Schedule menu, configure a backup schedule for backup job to run automatically at your specified time interval. By default, this feature is turned on with a predefined scheduled backup to run at 20:00 daily. Click Add to add a new schedule if necessary.
Click Next to proceed when you are done with the settings.
Select the appropriate option from the Backup mode dropdown menu.
To select a backup destination for the backup data storage, click the “+” icon next to Add new storage destination / destination pool.
1. To utilize the Run Direct feature for your VMs recovery, enable the Run Direct option. The Run Direct option is only available for single storage destination, and is enabled by default.
2. Further to the above settings, there are also other requirements for the Run Direct feature, refer to the chapter on Run Direct Requirement for more details.
If you have chosen the Local/Mapped Drive/Removable Drive option, you can change the Name then click Change to browse to a directory path where backup data will be stored. The path must be accessible to the ESXi host.
Click OK to proceed when you are done with the settings.
10. You can add multiple storage destination if you wish. The backup data will be uploaded to all the destinations you have selected in this menu in the order you added them. Press the Up / Down arrow icon to alter the order. Click Next to proceed when you are done with the selection.
Multiple backup destinations can be configured for a single backup set (e.g. one destination with Run Direct enabled, and another with Run Direct disabled).
Once the Granular Restore feature is enabled and the backup set is saved, it is NOT possible to disable it afterwards, and vice versa. If you wish to change the Granular Restore settings, a new backup set will have to be created.
It is possible to enable both Granular Restore and Run Direct restore on the same backup set. However, AhsayOBM will only allow either Granular Restore or Run Direct restore to run, but not both to run concurrently.
Granular Restore requires an additional OpenDirect / Granular restore add-on module license to work. Contact your backup service provider for further details.
If you have enabled the Granular restore or Run Direct restore feature, backup data will not be compressed and encrypted to optimize the restore performance, therefore you can skip to step 14.
You can choose from one of the following 2 Encryption Type options:
Click Next when you are done setting.
The pop-up window has the following three options to choose from:
15. Click the Backup now button if you wish to run a backup for this backup set now.