1. Click the Backup Sets icon on the main interface of CloudBacko Pro.
2. Create a new backup set by clicking the + icon next to Add new backup set.
3. Select the Backup set type as MS SQL Server Backup.
Click Next to proceed when you are done with the settings.
4. In the Backup Source menu, select the database you would like to back up, then click Next to proceed.
If you have chosen to back up multiple SQL instances in the previous step, databases in all the chosen instances will be shown here.
5. In the Schedule menu, you can configure a backup schedule for backup job to run automatically at your specified time interval. Click Add to add a new schedule, then click Next to proceed when you are done with the settings.
For each of the 2 different backup modes, you can create the following backup set types:
|VSS Mode||ODBC Mode|
|Backup Set Types|| 1. Full |
| 1. Full
3. Transaction Log
Differnent backup set types are explain in Appendix A.
6. In the Destination menu, select a backup destination where the backup database will be stored. Click the “+” icon next to Add new storage destination / destination pool.
7. Select the destination storage, then click OK to proceed.
For more information regarding backing up to cloud storage destination, refer to Appendix C Cloud Storage as Backup Destination.
8. Click Next on the Destination menu page to proceed.
9. In the Encryption window, the default Encrypt Backup Data option is enabled with an encryption key preset by the system which provides the most secure protection.
You can choose from one of the following 2 Encryption Type options:
10. If you have enabled the Encryption Key feature in the previous step, the following pop-up window shows, no matter which encryption key you have selected.
The pop-up window has the following three options to choose from:
11. Enter the Windows login credentials for user authentication. Click Next to proceed.
This screen shows only if you have configured scheduled backup.
12. The following screen shows when the new backup set is created successfully.
13. Click Backup now to start a backup immediately, or you can run a backup job later by following the instructions in Running Backup Job for Microsoft SQL Server.
1. Click the Backup icon on the main interface of CloudBacko Pro.
2. Select the backup set which you would like to start a backup for.
3. Select the Backup set type. For more details regarding the Backup set type & In-file delta type, refer to Appendix A Backup Set Type.
If you would like to modify the In-File Delta type (for Full backup set type only), Destinations and Retention Policy settings, click Show advanced option.
5. Click Backup to start the backup.
1. Click the Backup Sets icon on the CloudBacko Pro main interface.
2. Select the backup set that you want to create a backup schedule for.
3. Click Backup Schedule, then create a new backup schedule by clicking Add.
4. Configure the backup schedule settings, then click OK to proceed.
5. Click Save to confirm your settings.