2. Create a new backup set by clicking the + icon next to Add new backup set.
Click Next to proceed when you are done with the settings.
4. In the Backup Source menu, select the database you would like to back up, then click Next to proceed.
5. In the Schedule menu, you can configure a backup schedule for backup job to run automatically at your specified time interval. Click Add to add a new schedule, then click Next to proceed when you are done with the settings.
For each of the 2 different backup modes, you can create the following backup set types:
|VSS Mode||ODBC Mode|
|Backup Set Types|| 1. Full |
| 1. Full
3. Transaction Log
Differnent backup set types are explain in Appendix A.
6. In the Destination menu, select a backup destination where the backup database will be stored. Click the “+” icon next to Add new storage destination / destination pool.
7. Select the destination storage, then click OK to proceed.
For more information regarding backing up to cloud storage destination, refer to Appendix C Cloud Storage as Backup Destination.
8. Click Next on the Destination menu page to proceed.
9. In the Encryption window, the default Encrypt Backup Data option is enabled with an encryption key preset by the system which provides the most secure protection.
You can choose from one of the following 2 Encryption Type options:
The pop-up window has the following three options to choose from:
This screen shows only if you have configured scheduled backup.
12. The following screen shows when the new backup set is created successfully.
13. Click Backup now to start a backup immediately, or you can run a backup job later by following the instructions in Running Backup Job for Microsoft SQL Server.
3. Select the Backup set type. For more details regarding the Backup set type & In-file delta type, refer to Appendix A Backup Set Type.
5. Click Backup to start the backup.
2. Select the backup set that you want to create a backup schedule for.
3. Click Backup Schedule, then create a new backup schedule by clicking Add.
4. Configure the backup schedule settings, then click OK to proceed.
5. Click Save to confirm your settings.